Snows BMW Portsmouth
26 May 2021
The Driving Spirit
Snows are an AM Top 50 automotive retailer covering 18 Brands at 52 franchises. Based in the south and south-west of England the business differentiates itself from its' competitors by delivering outstanding customer service for its customers and manufacturer partners. We are currently on the lookout for a Service Workshop Controller to join our established team at Snows BMW Portsmouth.
As a Service Workshop Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring that all the work to vehicles in the dealership is carried out appropriately by assigning jobs to vehicle technicians and liaising with other departments within the dealership.
Your day will include:
Ensuring quality control by making sure the correct parts are ordered, conducting audits on the team’s work and monitoring the general compliance.
- Helping in generating profit for the dealership.
- Managing and coach the team of vehicle technicians and apprentices, making sure targets and business objectives are met.
- Working with colleagues and other departments to ensure a seamless service for customers.
- Scheduling work to meet customer needs, taking into account workshop targets, the complexity of each job and the availability of parts.
- Providing estimates for servicing and repairs and setting timescales.
- Assist technicians with technical challenges to identify solutions.
- Ensuring that all work complies with DVSA, health and safety standards, manufacturer policy, as well as Snows company standards.
Have you got what it takes?
- Relevant City & Guilds, BTEC or NVQ accreditation or equivalent.
- Previous experience within the automotive industry, particularly workshop control or technician.
- Good organisational and leadership skill with the ability to delegate and motivate the team.
- Strong IT skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good Interpersonal skills - able to communicate well with customers and colleagues across different departments, both face-to-face and via email.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work under pressure.
What is in it for you?
- Highly competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- Full training and support to help you immerse yourself in the role and Snows values.
- 30 days holiday, inc. Bank holidays plus additional holiday entitlement as recognition of length of service with Snows at 5,10,15, 20, 25, 30 years anniversary. (Pro rata for part time employees).
- Discounted MOTs, Service & Parts.
- Recommend a Friend Bonus/ Introducing a Customer Bonus.
- Life Assurance Benefit.
- Snows Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Health Shield.
- BEN – Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent development opportunities to learn & grow with Snows.
- Role dependant – tool box insurance /company car scheme/ Uncapped earnings potential through commission or bonus structures.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 7.30am-5.30pm (half an hour for lunch). Alternative Saturdays 8am-1pm (half an hour for lunch).
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period; therefore, we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
** Important Consent Note ** By clicking the “Submit Application” button, you are expressly giving your consent to us sharing your CV within Snows. This is for the purpose that other roles within the Group may be suitable for you. As a result, you are giving your consent to receive email contact from Snows for the purpose of discussing available roles with you. Snows will not use your details for any other purpose or share your details with any third parties outside of the Group. If you do not give your explicit consent for the reasons stated above please do not click the “Submit Application” button.
Thank you for applying to Snows.