Snows BMW Portsmouth
18 June 2021
The Driving Spirit
Snows are an AM Top 50 automotive retailer covering 18 Brands at 52 franchises. Based in the south and south-west of England the business differentiates itself from its’ competitors by delivering outstanding customer service for its customers and manufacturer partners.
We are currently on the lookout for a Tyre Technician to join our established team at Snows BMW Portsmouth.
As a Tyre Technician, you will be responsible for all tyre-related matters for the dealership whilst meeting customer requirements and maximising workshop utilisation and productivity.
Your day will include:
- Ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided whilst meeting the customers’ needs.
- Supporting the service department to maximise the tyre and steering alignment sales opportunities.
- Providing a list of all vehicles visiting the site on a daily basis.
- Providing a daily written tyre report for all vehicles visiting the site in accordance with Snows’ guidelines.
- Submitting a tyre report to relevant Service Executives with current stock and price information.
- Diarising future sales opportunities and maintain lost sales analysis.
- Tracking tyre sales against target throughout the month.
- Fitting and balance all tyres as and when necessary.
- Ensuring all tyres and wheels are fitted correctly as per Snows’ training, provided by Group Tyre.
- Reporting and where agreed with customer carry out full four-wheel alignment (KDS) with relevant printouts.
- Ensuring tyre casings are collected on a daily basis.
- Maintaining tyre stocks and sourcing additional stock from warehouse as required.
- Conducting quarterly stock checks in conjunction with Group Tyre and cleanse stock accordingly.
Have you got what it takes?
- Relevant City & Guilds, BTEC or NVQ accreditation.
- Previous work experience in a franchise dealership.
- Highly skilled in fault diagnosis and hold the relevant MOT Tester qualification.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to delivering first class customer service.
- Able to plan, organise self and meet agreed work deadlines.
What is in it for you?
- Highly competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- Full training and support to help you immerse yourself in the role and Snows values.
- 30 days holiday, inc. Bank holidays plus additional holiday entitlement as recognition of length of service with Snows at 5,10,15, 20, 25, 30 years anniversary. (Pro rata for part time employees).
- Discounted MOTs, Service & Parts.
- Recommend a Friend Bonus/ Introducing a Customer Bonus.
- Life Assurance Benefit.
- Snows Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Health Shield.
- BEN – Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent development opportunities to learn & grow with Snows.
- Role dependant – tool box insurance /company car scheme/ Uncapped earnings potential through commission or bonus structures.
Hours of work
Monday – Friday 8.30-17-30 with 1 hour lunch.
Alternate Saturdays 8.30-12.30.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period; therefore, we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
** Important Consent Note ** By clicking the “Submit Application” button, you are expressly giving your consent to us sharing your CV within Snows. This is for the purpose that other roles within the Group may be suitable for you. As a result, you are giving your consent to receive email contact from Snows for the purpose of discussing available roles with you. Snows will not use your details for any other purpose or share your details with any third parties outside of the Group. If you do not give your explicit consent for the reasons stated above please do not click the “Submit Application” button.
Thank you for applying to Snows.